From Kitchen to Table: Our New Catering Menu
With the festive season just a heartbeat away, chef Clara, Khaled and the Lebanese Bakery and Kitchen team have introduced a new catering menu just in time for end-of-year functions and home entertainment.
We’ve already had the privilege of catering to some of our fabulous local customers as well as some new friends across the Cape. So what can you expect from our new catering menu? All of our favourite things and more!
You’ll find a selection of our baked goods on the new catering menu including our white and brown flour pita and saj. Enjoy tiny bites of carbo-goodness in the shape of our cocktail pitas and mini saj. Our mini manakish and fatayer make an exciting addition to any party platter, and are available in a variety of fillings and toppings such as cheese, spinach with walnuts and sumac as well as our yummy sfiha.
But even man can’t live on bread alone. We’ve got our famous fried falafel balls and the most delicious kofta, made with angus grass-fed beef, onions, herbs and spices. We reduced our traditional size falafel sandwich into little falafilos, a mini falafel sandwich stuffed with lettuce, red cabbage, cucumber, tomato, falafel and tahina sauce.
We’ve been testing our chicken for a while now and have two lip smacking free range whole roasted chicken variations including za’atar chicken, marinated with Khaled’s special za’atar and yoghurt marinate and a spicy harissa chicken. Speaking of harissa, no catering menu would be complete without our beloved selection of mezze. Baba ganoush, mohammara, toumeya, labneh, hummus and tzatziki all available in 500g and 1kg tubs.
Our catering menu is not just another pretty side dish:
The most exciting addition to our catering menu is Chef’s amazing selection of new sides and salads. Choose from the following to enjoy with your family and friends:
- Sunshine Cous Cous Salad: Cous cous, cucumber brunoise, roasted red pepper, lots of fresh herbs, toasted seeds, lemon zest and red cabbage, served with a tahina, lemon and olive oil dressing.
- Roasted Aubergines on Baby Spinach: Oven roasted aubergines on a bed of baby spinach, sprinkled with chopped walnuts and roasted red peppers, served with a pomegranate dressing. An absolute winner!
- Tahina Slaw: Red cabbage, green cabbage, carrots, radish and spring onion dressed with a tahina-yoghurt dressing, sumac and pickled red onions.
- Lentil Tabbouleh: Lentils, tons of parsley, fresh tomato, spring onion and mint. Served with a zesty olive oil dressing and crispy fried onions.
- Grilled Zucchini and Mint: Grilled zucchini, mint, pickled red onion, feta and nigella seeds, served with a garlicky lemon dressing.
- Proper Fattoush: Crisp lettuce, chopped tomato, cucumber, radish, spring onion, herbs and crispy pita chips. Served with a zesty sumac dressing.
- Happy Chick Pea Salad: Chick peas, chopped apples, red onion, fresh herbs tossed in a yoghurt dressing. Served on a bed of rocket and topped with toasted pumpkin seeds.
Now that you’re done salivating, contact us on email@example.com to place an order. Our new catering menu is perfect for staff parties, end-of-year functions, product launches, events, private functions, birthdays, life celebrations and intimate gatherings. Speak to chef Clara about your needs and we will serve it up fresh from kitchen to table.
Follow us on instagram and facebook to curb your curiosity. Need something lighter? Read all about our picnic ready Mezze Box in the following blog article. Packed with yumminess and ready to go wherever the good times are.
Looking forward to serving you this festive season. With sprinkles of love, chef Clara, Khaled and The Lebanese Bakery and Kitchen Team!