Spiced Red Lentil Soup for Ramadan
The latest soupsation to come out of The Lebanese Bakery and Kitchen is Chef Clara’s authentic Spiced Red Lentil Soup. While winter still feels like it’s miles away thanks to the beautiful sunny weather we have been having, soups make the perfect meal for our cooler Autumn evenings. It’s healthy, filling and super nutritious, ideal for family dinners and our Muslin patrons looking for something quick and tasty for Iftar.
Our Spiced Red Lentil Soup is made with red lentils, onion, garlic, tomatoes, carrots and spices such as cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Blended smooth and served with a heavy pinch of love.
Here are 5 reasons why we love lentils:
1. Lentils are rich in fiber, keeping your stomach healthy and active
2. It’s good for the heart! Lentils are a great source of magnesium, improving blood flow, oxygen and nutrients throughout the body
3. It’s high in protein. Other than soy beans, lentils are 25% protein supporting natural body growth and development in children and adults
4. Lentils lower your blood sugar making it perfect for customers with insulin resistance, hypoglycemia and diabetes
5. Lentils are rich in antioxidants and minerals such as iron, Vitamin A and C and iron, making sure your body remains fit and healthy
Our Spiced Red Lentil Soup is 100% vegan. Try it with a sprinkling of our nutty Egyptian Dukkah or a generous portion of our Za’atar Baked Dipping Breads for extra crunch.
This limited edition product is available for takeaway and online orders only, and comes in a one litre tub, retailing for R65 in store or R68 online.
Other New Products:
Chef Clara has cooked up three new delicious mezzes including a spin on our traditional hummus, marinated baby aubergines and butternut dip. Read more here. If you visit our store, share the moment on Facebook or Instagram
To all of our Muslim patrons, may you have a blessed Ramadan. With love from Chef Clara, Khaled and the LB Team.